Hombuja/Humcha is an ancient Jain Heritage Centre in the Shimoga district of Karnataka, with its history dating back to the 7th century A.D. The city was established by Jinadattaraya a devotee of Goddess Padmavati. It is the most popular of all the Padmavathi shrines in the world. It remained as the capital of the Santhara kingdom till the end of 12th century and was ruled by many other rulers over the centuries. It houses the ancient Bhattarakha Peetha with Jagadguru His Holiness SwastiSri Devendrakerthi Bhattaraka Swamiji as its pontiff.
WWW.HOMBUJAPADMAVATI.ORG is the official website of Hombuja Jain Math. This website is aimed at giving the first hand information about the activities at Sri Kshstra Hombuja and authentic information about the history and temples of Hombuja.
Latest @ Hombuja
Varanga Rathayatra Mahotsava
- 'Padmavati Mata Humcha' - App for Android & iPhones
Hombuja (Shivamogga District, Karnataka), September 25, 2016 - App for Android and iPhones related to Sri Kshetra Hombuja has been released. The titled as "'Padmavati Mata Humcha'" is available on Google & Apple play stores.
The App has been developed by Manoj Jain from Kolkata (West Bengal). Manoj Jain is a devotee of Hombuja and has developed this as a service to Kshetra. Mr Manoj has informed that "Regular updates related to Hombuja will be made on the App.
His Holiness Swasti Sri Deevendrakeerthi Bhattarakha Swamiji, pontiff of Sri Kshetra Hombuja has expressed his happiness on the release of the App.
- Sri Kshetra Hombuja::/introtext::
- Navaratri & Vijayadashami Utsava - 2016 at Hombuja
Hombuja (Shimoga District, Karnataka), September 15, 2016: On the occasion of Navarathri & Vijayadashami special poojas and other related religious celebrations have been organised at Hombuja as per tradition under the guidance of His Holiness Swasti Sri Devendrakerthi Bhattarakha Swamiji. Special poojas will be organised on all the days of Navaratri.
The detailed programme schedule is as below:
- 1st October 2016: Ghata Sthapana (beginning of Navarathri)
- 8th October 2016: Saraswathi Pooja
- 9th October 2016: Jeevadayashtami
- 10th October 2016: Ayudha pooja & Mahanavami
- 11th October 2016: Vijayadashami pooja & utsava, pallakki utsava of Goddess Padmavati, Simhasanarohana of His Holiness Swasti Sri Devendrakerthi Bhattarakha Swamiji,Pada pooja His Holiness Swamiji
Special poojas will also be performed at Varanga & Hattiyangadi on the occasion of Navarathri & Vijayadashami. - Sri Kshetra Hombuja
- Rathayatra Mahotsava 2016 - 'SimhaVahanotsava' Held at Hombuja
Hombuja (Shimoga District, Karnataka), March 29, 2016: As a part of the annual Rathayatra Mahotsava 2016 celebrations 'Simha Vahanotsava' was held at Sri Kshetra Hombuja under the guidance and presence of His Holiness Jagadguru Swasti Sri Dr. Deevendrakeerthi Bhattarakha Swamiji of Hombuja Jain Math.
The day proceedings started with Abhisheka to Lord Parshwanath & Goddess Padmavati Devi Indira Pratishte followed by Kalikundala Yantra Aradhane. The main attraction of the day - Simha Vahoanotsava was conducted from 8.00 pm onwards. During Simha Vahanotsava the idols of Lord Parshwanath & Goddess Padmavati Devi are taken in a prcession on an attractively decorated chariot with the structure of Simha (Lion) on it. The idols are kept on Simha's back during the procession.
- Sri Kshetra Hombuja
- Rathayatra Mahotsava 2016 - Nagavahanotsava Held at Hombuja
Hombuja (Shimoga District, Karnataka), March 28, 2016: As a part of the annual Rathayatra Mahotsava 2016 celebrations 'Nagavahanotsava' was held at Sri Kshetra Hombuja under the guidance and presence of His Holiness Jagadguru Swasti Sri Dr. Deevendrakeerthi Bhattarakha Swamiji of Hombuja Jain Math.
The day proceedings started with Indira Pratishte followed by Vimana Shuddhi, Yakshapratishte, Dhwajarohana, Mahanaivedya Pooja, Nandimangala, Vastu Shanthi and Mruttika Sangrahana. The main attraction of the day - Nagavahoanotsava was conducted from 8.00 pm onwards.
- Sri Kshetra Hombuja
- Dr.S.P.Patil Choosen for "Siddhantha Keerthi Award"
Hombuja (Shimoga District, Karnataka), March 2, 2016: Renowned Jain scholar Dr.S.P.Patil has been choosen for the coveted "Siddhantha Keerthi Award". He has been choosen for this award for his contribution to Jainism. 'Siddhantha Keerthi Award' has been constituted by Hombuja Jain Math and will be given to Jain scholars every year for the contribution to Jainism. Sri Patil is a retired professor from the department of Kannada studies, Jainology at Karnataka University, Dharwad. He has authored more than 30 books including "Jaina Samskruthiya Habbagalu", "Jaina Darshana". He has also prsented his doctoral thesis called "Chavundaraya Purana Ondu Adhyayana - Chavundaraya Purana a Study". Recognising his knowledge in Jainism he has been presented with Chavundaraya Award, Sri Gommateshwara Vidya Peetha Award, Siddantha Chakravarthi Nemichandra Award and many more.
The annual Rathayatra mahotsava of Lord Parshwanath and Goddess Padmavati Devi will be held at Sri Kshetra Hombuja from March 28 - April 2, 2016. His Holiness Swasti sRi Deevendrakeerthi Bhattarakha Swamiji the pontiff of Hombuja Jain Math will present the award to Dr.Patil in a religious gathering organised at Hombuja on March 30, 2015 as a part of the Rathayatra Mahotsava celebrations.
-Sri Kshetra Hombuja
- 2016 Annual Rathayatra Mahotsava of Goddess Padmavati at Hombuja
Hombuja (Shimoga District, Karnataka), March 2, 2016: The annual Rathayatra Mahotsava of Lord Parshwanatha and Goddess Padmavathi will be held with other programmes at Humcha from 25th March to 2nd April 2016 under the guidance of His Holiness Paramapujya Jagadguru Swasti Sri Devendrakeerthi Bhattarakha Swamiji.
The detailed programme Schedule is as below:
- 25th March 2016 - Ganadhara Valaya Aradhana at Sri Matada Basadi (Sri Neminath Swamy Basadi).
- 26th March 2016 - Kalyana Mandira Aradhana at Sri Makkala Basadi (Sri Parshwanath Swamy Chikka Basadi).
- 27th March 2016 - Bhaktamara Aradhana at Sri Bogara Basadi (Sri Mahavir Swamy Basadi).
- 28th March 2016 - Indira Pratishte, Vimana Shuddhi, Yakshapratishte, Dhwajarohana, Mahanaivedya Pooja, Nandimangala, Vastu Shanthi, Mruttika Sangrahana, Nagavahoanotsava (from 8.00 pm onwards) and other rituals.
- 29th March 2016 - Abhisheka to Lord Parshwanatha and Goddess Padmavathi, Kalikundala Yantra aradhana, Simhavahanotsava (from 8.00 pm onwards) and other rituals.
- 30th March 2016 - Nityavidhi with Jala-agni homa, Shanthichakra Aradhana, Sribali, Bellirathotsava, Pushparathotsava (from 8.00 pm onwards).
- 31st March 2016 - Moolanakshatra - Mahanaivedya Pooja along with Nityavidhi, Ratharohana, Maharathotsava (from 1.10 pm onwards).
- 1st April 2016 - 108 Kalasha Abhisheka to Lord Parshwanatha along with Nityavidhi at Trikuta Jinalaya (Guddada Basadi, from 9 am onwards).
- 2nd April 2016 - Kunkuma Utsava & Dhwajarohana (flag hoisting).
Click here to download a copy of the Sri Mukha Patrike in Kannada (in pdf format)
Dharmika Sabhe – Religious Gathering
- 30th March 2016 – 6 PM Onwards – Mangalacharana, Welcome address, Inauguration, Conferring of "Siddantha Keerthi Award", His Holiness Swamiji’s address, vote of thanks.
- 30th March 2016 – 8 PM Onwards – Cultural Programme.
- 31st March 2016 – 8 PM Onwards – Cultural Programme.
Click here to download a copy of the Dharmika Sabhe’s invitation in Kannada (in pdf format)
- Sri Kshetra Hombuja
- Annual Rathayatra Mahotsava at Varanga from 23rd to 27th February 2016
Varanga (Udupi District, Karnataka), February 15, 2016: The annual rathayatra mahotsava of Lord Sri Neminath Swami & Godess Padmavati Devi at Varanga will be held from 23rd to 27th February 2016 in the presence & guidance of His HolinessSwasti Sri Dr. Deevendrakeerthi Bhattarakha Swamiji of Hombuja Jain Math.
The programme Schedule is as below -
- 23rd February 2016 - Hoisting of the flag
- 24th February 2016 - Nithya Vidhi
- 25th February 2016 - Pushpa Rathotsava
- 26th February 2016 - Maha Rathotsava
- 27th February 2016 - Sri Kshetrapala Pooja, Kumkuma Utsava, hoisting of the flag
Devotees are requested to participate actively in the celebrations.
- Sri Kshetra Hombuja