His Holiness Swasti Sri Deevendrakeerti Bhattaraka Swamiji is the current Bhattaraka (pontiff) of Hombuja.
Profile of His Holiness Swasti Sri Deevendrakeerthi Bhattaraka Swamiji.
- Date of Birth: May 18, 1982
- Place of Birth: Nalike Village, Tumbedevanahalli Post, Belur Taluk, Hassan District, Karnataka.
- Parents: Sri Anantharaju (father), Smt Padmavati (mother)
- Name as Shravaka: Praveen
- Primary & Middle School – Goverment Higher Primary Schools at Murehalli & Tumbadevanahalli.
- Entry into Sri Gommatesha Vidyapeetha Brahmacharya Ashrama: 1995.
- High School education at Shravanabelagola along with religious education at Brahmacharya Ashrama.
- Prakrit – Has completed Praveshika, Madhyama & Prakrit Swayam exams conducted by National Institute of Prakrit Studies & Research (NIPSAR), Shravanabelagola.
- Sanskrit – Has completed Sanskrit Prathama exam conducted by the Karnataka Secondary Education examination board.
- Hindi – Hascompletedexamstill Uttama conducted by Hindi Prachara Parishath, Mysore.
- English – Fluent (both written & spoken)
- Jain Balabodha to Shravakachara – Has completed all exams conducted by Sri Kund Kund Gnanapeetha of Indore, Madhya Pradesh.
- Gommatasara (a religious work) Gunansthana & Marganasthana religious exams – secure first rank, conducted in 1997.
- Special Study: Swadhyay Mahavidyalaya, Kashi, 2001-2002.
- Masters: M.A.(Kannada) from Karnataka State Open University (KSOU), Mysore.
- Research: PHD – topic for dissertation thesis was “Samyakthvakoumudi Ondu Adhyayana” (Samyakthvakoumudi – A Study). He was guided by Dr.Padma Shekar a professor in the department of Jainology and Prakrits at Mysore. He has submitted his thesis and is awaiting the doctoral award from the University of Mysore.
- Vichara Pattakshullaha Diksha Guru: His Holiness Swasti Sri Charukeerthi Bhattaraka Swamiji, Sri Digambar Jain Math, Shravanabelagola.
- Vichara Pattakshullaha Name: Sri Dharmakeerthi Swamiji
- Bhattaraka Diksha Guru: His Holiness Swasti Sri Charukeerthi Bhattaraka Swamiji, Sri Digambar Jain Math, Shravanabelagola.
- Religious Exposure: Being a disciple of Sri Charukeerthiji he has been well trained in all aspects of the religion. He has participated in many religious celebrations and delibrations as a representative of Sri Kshetra Shravanabelagola. He has also played a pivotal role in the organising of many viharas of Jaina Muni Sanghas and is well connected with many Jaina Acharya’s and Jain samaj’s. He has also been instrumental in the development of Sri Kshetra Mahendragiri at Bijapur, the holy abode of Lord Parshwanatha under the guidance of Sri Charukeerthiji.