Regular news updates on the events & activities at Sri Kehetra Hombuja will be provided here. For any related queries please get in touch with us by mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hombuja, May 28, 2017: His Holiness Swasti Sri Bhuvanakeerthi Bhattarakha Swamiji of Kanakagiri & His Holiness Swasti Sri Dhavalakeerthi Bhattarakha Swamiji of Arihantagiri visited Sri Kshetra Hombuja on 28th May 2017. They had a darshan of all the Basadis at Hombuja and held discussions with His Holiness Swasti Sri Dr.Deevendrakeerthi Bhattarakha Swamiji of Hombuja. They expressed happiness on the progress of developmental activities at Hombuja held under the guidance of His Holiness Deevendrakeerthi Swamiji.
– Sri Kshetra Hombuja
Hombuja, April 26, 2017: Rajarishi Dr.D.Veerendra Heggade, the Dharmadhikari of Dharmasthala visited Sri Kshetra Hombuja on 26th April 2017. He had a darshan of all the Basadis at Hombuja and held discussions with His Holiness Swasti Sri Dr.Deevendrakeerthi Bhattarakha Swamiji of Hombuja. He expressed happiness on the progress of developmental activities at Hombuja held under the guidance of His Holiness Swamiji. – Sri Kshetra Hombuja
Bimba Shuddhi of Lord Sri Parshwanath Swamy idol was held under the guidance of His Holiness Swasti Sri Deevendrakeerthi Bhattarakha Swamiji on 9th March 2017.
ಅತಿಶಯ ಶ್ರೀ ಕ್ಷೇತ್ರ ಹೊಂಬುಜದ ಭಗವಾನ್ ಶ್ರೀ ಪಾರ್ಶ್ವನಾಥ ಸ್ವಾಮಿಯ ಬಿಂಬ ಶುದ್ಧಿಯು ಪರಮ ಪೂಜ್ಯ ಜಗದ್ಗುರು ಸ್ವಸ್ತಿಶ್ರೀ ದೇವೇಂದ್ರಕೀರ್ತಿ ಭಟ್ಟಾರಕ ಮಹಾ ಸ್ವಾಮೀಜಿ ಯವರ ನೇತೃತ್ವದಲ್ಲಿ ೯ ಮಾರ್ಚ್ ೨೦೧೭ರ ಗುರುವಾರ ನೆರವೇರಿತು.
Hombuja (Shimoga District, Karnataka), February 23, 2017: Sri Sudhir A. Kusnale (B.E.) has been appointed as the new administrative officer of Sri Hombuja Jain Math. His Holiness Paramapujya Jagadguru Swasti Sri Dr. Devendrakeerthi Bhattarakha Swamiji the pontiff of Hombuja Jain Math has nominated Sri Sudhir to take care of the day to day administrative activities of the Math with effect from 24th February 2017. – Sri Hombuja Jain Math
ಹೊಂಬುಜ (ಹೊಸನಗರ), ಫೆಬ್ರವರಿ 23, 2017: ಹೊಂಬುಜ ಜೈನ ಮಠದ ನೂತನ ಆಡಳಿತಾಧಿಕಾರಿಯಾಗಿ ಹುಬ್ಬಳ್ಳಿಯ ಶ್ರೀ ಸುಧೀರ್ ಎ. ಕುಸನಾಳೆ (B.E.) ರವರು ನೇಮಕಗೊಂಡಿರುತ್ತಾರೆ. ಇವರನ್ನು ದಿನಾಂಕ 24-02-2017 ರಿಂದ ಜಾರಿಗೆ ಬರುವಂತೆ ದೈನಿಕ ಆಡಳಿತ ವ್ಯವಸ್ಥೆಯ ನಿರ್ವಹಣೆಯ ಸಲುವಾಗಿ ಹೊಂಬುಜದ ಪರಮ ಪೂಜ್ಯ ಜಗದ್ಗುರು ಸ್ವಸ್ತಿಶ್ರೀ ದೇವೇಂದ್ರ ಕೀರ್ತಿ ಭಟ್ಟಾರಕ ಮಹಾಸ್ವಾಮೀಜಿಯವರು ನೇಮಕ ಮಾಡಿರುತ್ತಾರೆ. – ಹೊಂಬುಜ ಜೈನ ಮಠ
ಶ್ರೀ ಹೊಂಬುಜ ಅತಿಶಯ ಮಹಾಕ್ಷೇತ್ರದಲ್ಲಿ ಪರಂಪರಾನುಗತವಾಗಿ ನಡೆದು ಬಂದಿರುವ ಭಗವಾನ್ ಶ್ರೀ 1008 ಪಾರ್ಶ್ವನಾಥ ಸ್ವಾಮಿ, ಮಹಾಮಾತೆ ಶ್ರೀ ಪದ್ಮಾವತಿ ಅಮ್ಮನವರ ವಾರ್ಷಿಕ ರಥೋತ್ಸವವು ಮಾರ್ಚ್ 17 ರಿಂದ ಮಾ. 22 ರವರೆಗೆ ಧಾರ್ಮಿಕ ವಿಧಿ ವಿಧಾನಗಳೊಂದಿಗೆ ಜರುಗಲಿವೆ. ಶ್ರೀ ದುರ್ಮುಖಿನಾಮ ಸಂವತ್ಸರದ ಫಾಲ್ಗುಣ ಮಾಸ ಪಂಚಮಿಯಿಂದ ನವಮಿಯವರೆಗೆ ನೆರವೇರಲಿದೆ.
- ಮಾರ್ಚ್ 14 ರಿಂದ ಮಾ. 16 ರವರೆಗೆ ಕ್ಷೇತ್ರದ ಬಸದಿಗಳಲ್ಲಿ ವಿಶೇಷ ಆರಾಧನೆಗಳು.
- ಮಾರ್ಚ್ 17 – ಧ್ವಜಾರೋಹಣ ಹಾಗೂ ನಾಗವಾಹನೋತ್ಸವ.
- ಮಾರ್ಚ್ 18 – ಸಿಂಹವಾಹನೋತ್ಸವ.
- ಮಾರ್ಚ್ 19 – ಬೆಳ್ಳಿರಥೋತ್ಸವ ಹಾಗೂ ಪುಷ್ಪರಥೋತ್ಸವ.
- ಮಾರ್ಚ್ 20 – ಮೂಲಾನಕ್ಷತ್ರದಂದು ಮಹಾರಥೋತ್ಸವ.
- ಮಾರ್ಚ್ 21 – ಗುಡ್ಡದ ಬಸದಿ ಭಗವಾನ್ ಪಾರ್ಶ್ವನಾಥ ಸ್ವಾಮಿಗೆ 108 ಕಲಶಗಳ ಮಹಾಭಿಷೇಕ ಮತ್ತು ಸಂಘ ಪೂಜೆ.
- ಮಾರ್ಚ್ 22 – ಕುಂಕುಮೋತ್ಸವ ಹಾಗೂ ಧ್ವಜ ಅವರೋಹಣ.
ಧಾರ್ಮಿಕ ಸಭೆ – ಮಾರ್ಚ್ 19 ರಂದು ನಡೆಯುವ ಧಾರ್ಮಿಕ ಸಭೆಯ ಅಧ್ಯಕ್ಷತೆಯನ್ನು ಶ್ರೀ ಕ್ಷೇತ್ರದ ಪೀಠಾಧಿಪತಿಗಳಾದ ಸ್ವಸ್ತಿಶ್ರೀ ಡಾ. ದೇವೇಂದ್ರಕೀರ್ತಿ ಭಟ್ಟಾರಕ ಮಹಾ ಸ್ವಾಮಿಗಳವರು ವಹಿಸಲಿದ್ದಾರೆ. ಧಾರ್ಮಿಕ ಸಭೆಯ ನಂತರ ಅಂದು ಸಾಂಸ್ಕೃತಿಕ ಕಾರ್ಯಕ್ರಮವನ್ನು ಹಮ್ಮಿಕೊಳ್ಳಲಾಗಿದೆ.
ಮಾರ್ಚ್ 20 ರಂದು ಮಹಾರಥೋತ್ಸವದ ನಂತರ ಸಾಂಸ್ಕೃತಿಕ ಕಾರ್ಯಕ್ರಮವನ್ನು ಹಮ್ಮಿಕೊಳ್ಳಲಾಗಿದೆ.
ಪರಮಪೂಜ್ಯ ಜಗದ್ಗುರು ಸ್ವಸ್ತಿಶ್ರೀ ಡಾ. ದೇವೇಂದ್ರಕೀರ್ತಿ ಭಟ್ಟಾರಕ ಮಹಾ ಸ್ವಾಮಿಗಳವರ ದಿವ್ಯ ಸಾನ್ನಿಧ್ಯ ನೇತೃತ್ವ ಹಾಗೂ ಮಾರ್ಗದರ್ಶನದಲ್ಲಿ ನಡೆಯುವ ಈ ಎಲ್ಲಾ ಧಾರ್ಮಿಕ ಕಾರ್ಯಕ್ರಮಗಳಲ್ಲಿ ಹಾಗೂ ವಾರ್ಷಿಕ ರಥಯಾತ್ರಾ ಮಹೋತ್ಸವದಲ್ಲಿ ಧರ್ಮಬಂಧುಗಳು ಹೆಚ್ಚಿನ ಸಂಖ್ಯೆಯಲ್ಲಿ ಪಾಲ್ಗೊಂಡು ಪುಣ್ಯಭಾಗಿಗಳಾಗಬೇಕಾಗಿ ಅಪೇಕ್ಷೆ.
ಶ್ರೀ ಕ್ಷೇತ್ರ ಹೊಂಬುಜ ಜೈನ ಮಠ, ಹುಂಚ
ಹೊಂಬುಜ (ಹೊಸನಗರ), ಫೆಬ್ರವರಿ 17, 2017: ಶ್ರೀ ಕ್ಷೇತ್ರ ಹೊಂಬುಜ ಜೈನ ಮಠದ ವತಿಯಿಂದ ನೀಡುವ 2017ನೇ ಸಾಲಿನ ಸಿದ್ಧಾಂತ ಕೀರ್ತಿ ಪ್ರಶಸ್ತಿಯನ್ನು ಹೈದ್ರಾಬಾದ್ ಕರ್ನಾಟಕದಲ್ಲಿ ವಿಶೇಷವಾಗಿ ಸಂಶೋಧನೆ, ಪುರಾತತ್ವ, ಅನ್ವೇಷಣೆ, ಸಾಹಿತ್ಯದ ಮೂಲಕ ವಿಶೇಷ ಕೊಡುಗೆಯನ್ನು ನೀಡಿರುವ ಹಿರಿಯ ವಿದ್ವಾಂಸರಾದ ಡಿ.ಎನ್. (ದೇವೇಂದ್ರಪ್ಪ ನಾಭಿರಾಜ) ಅಕ್ಕಿ ಅವರಿಗೆ ನೀಡಲಾಗುವುದು ಎಂದು ಮಠದ ಪೀಠಾಧಿಕಾರಿ ಡಾ.ದೇವೇಂದ್ರ ಕೀರ್ತಿ ಭಟ್ಟಾರಕ ಸ್ವಾಮೀಜಿ ತಿಳಿಸಿದ್ದಾರೆ.
ಪ್ರಶಸ್ತಿಯನ್ನು ಶ್ರೀಕ್ಷೇತ್ರದ ವಾರ್ಷಿಕ ಮಹಾರಥಯಾತ್ರಾ ಮಹೋತ್ಸವದ ಮುನ್ನಾದಿನವಾದ 19-03-2017ರ ಸಂಜೆ ನಡೆಯುವ ಧಾರ್ಮಿಕ ಸಭೆಯಲ್ಲಿ ನೀಡಲಾಗುವುದು. ಪ್ರಶಸ್ತಿಯು ₹ 35 ಸಾವಿರ ನಗದು ಒಳಗೊಂಡಿದೆ. ಇದುವರೆಗೆ ಈ ಪ್ರಶಸ್ತಿಯನ್ನು ಸುಮಾರು ನಾಲ್ಕು ದಶಕಗಳಿಂದ ಶ್ರೀಮಠದಿಂದ ನೀಡಲಾಗುತ್ತಿದೆ. – ಹೊಂಬುಜ ಜೈನ ಮಠ
Hombuja (Shimoga District, Karnataka), February 15, 2017: The annual Rathayatra Mahotsava of Lord Parshwanatha and Goddess Padmavathi will be held with other programmes at Humcha from 17th to 22nd February 2017 under the guidance of His Holiness Paramapujya Jagadguru Swasti Sri Devendrakeerthi Bhattarakha Swamiji.
The detailed programme Schedule is as below:
- 14th March 2017 – Ganadhara Valaya Aradhana at Sri Matada Basadi (Sri Neminath Swamy Basadi).
- 15th March 2017 – Kalyana Mandira Aradhana at Sri Makkala Basadi (Sri Parshwanath Swamy Chikka Basadi).
- 16th March 2017 – Bhaktamara Aradhana at Sri Bogara Basadi (Sri Mahavir Swamy Basadi).
- 17th March 2017 – Indira Pratishte, Vimana Shuddhi, Yakshapratishte, Dhwajarohana, Mahanaivedya Pooja, Nandimangala, Vastu Shanthi, Mruttika Sangrahana, Nagavahoanotsava (from 8.00 pm onwards) and other rituals.
- 18th March 2017 – Abhisheka to Lord Parshwanatha and Goddess Padmavathi, Kalikundala Yantra aradhana, Simhavahanotsava (8.00 pm onwards) and other rituals.
- 19th March 2017 – Nityavidhi with Jala-agni homa, Shanthichakra Aradhana, Sribali, Bellirathotsava, Pushparathotsava (from 8.00 pm onwards).
- 20th March 2017 – Moolanakshatra – Mahanaivedya Pooja along with Nityavidhi, Ratharohana, Maharathotsava (from 1.10 pm onwards).
- 21st March 2017 – 108 Kalasha Abhisheka to Lord Parshwanatha along with Nityavidhi at Trikuta Jinalaya (Guddada Basadi, from 9 am onwards).
- 22nd March 2017 – Kunkuma Utsava & Dhwajarohana (flag hoisting).
Click here to download a copy of the Sri Mukha Patrike in Kannada
Click here to download a copy of the Sri Mukha Patrike in English
Dharmika Sabhe – Religious Gathering
- 19th March 2017 – 6 PM Onwards – Mangalacharana, Welcome address, Inauguration, Conferring of “Siddantha Keerthi Award”, His Holiness Swamiji’s address, vote of thanks.
- 19th March 2017 – 8 PM Onwards – Cultural Programme.
- 20st March 2017 – 8 PM Onwards – Cultural Programme.
Click here to download a copy of the Dharmika Sabhe’s invitation in Kannada
Click here to download a copy of the Dharmika Sabhe’s invitation in Hindi
– Sri Kshetra Hombuja
As a part of the Annual Rathayatra Mahotsava at Varanga the idol of Sarvahna Yaksha is taken in a boat to the Chaturmukha Kere Basadi. Further, ‘Panchamrutha Abhisheka’ is performed to Lord Parshwanath & Sarvahna Yaksha at Kere Basadi. Post completion of pooja the Sarvahna Yaksha idol is taken back to Matasa basadi & Hire Basadis and poojas are performed. This was performed on 15th February 2017.
Varanga (Udupi District, Karnataka), February 1, 2017: The annual rathayatra mahotsava of Lord Sri Neminath Swami & Godess Padmavati Devi at Varanga will be held from 11th to 15th 2017 in the presence & guidance of His HolinessSwasti Sri Dr. Deevendrakeerthi Bhattarakha Swamiji of Hombuja Jain Math.
The programme Schedule is as below –
- 11th February 2017 – Indra Pratishte, Vimana Shuddhi, Yaksha Pratishte, Hoisting of the flag, Sri Bali Vidhana, Beritadana, Mruthita Sangrahana, Ankurarpane and Navakalashabhisheka.
- 12th February 2017 – Vasthu Shanthi, Nithya Vidhi, Navakalashabhisheka, Sri Bali Utsava.
- 13th February 2017 – Gruha Shanthi, Yantra Aradhane, Jalagni Homa and Pushpa Rathotsava (during night)
- 14th February 2017 – Maha Naivedya Pooja to Goddess Padmavati, Requesting of Prasada, Maha Rathotsava (during Hastha Nakshatra) and 108 Kalashabhisheka with Nithya Vidhi.
- 15th February 2017 – Sribali, Kumkuma Utsava, Avabrutha Snana, De-hoisting of the flag and Sri Kshetrapala Pooja (during night).
Devotees are requested to participate actively in the celebrations.
Click here to download a copy of the invitation
– Sri Kshetra Hombuja
Kundadri (Tirthahalli Taluk, Shimoga District, Karnataka), January 14, 2017: The Annual Jathre (fair) and Makara Sankranthi pooja at 1008 Sri Parshwanath Swamy Digambar Jain temple on Kundadri hillock was held on January 14, 2017. Jala Abhisheka & Panchamruta Abhisheka were performed to Lord Parshwanath on this occasion Kalikunda Yantra Aradhana, Shodashopachara pooja to Goddess Padmavati and special pooja to the Pada (feet impressions) of Acharya Kundakunda were performed. The pooja and other proceedings were held under the guidance of His Holiness Swasti Sri Devendrakeerthi Bhattarakha Swamiji of Hombuja Jain Math. Thousands of devotees from across Karnataka had gathered at Kundadri for the event.
About Kundadri – Kundadri is an ancient Jain Heritage Centre with a history of over 1800 years. Renowned Digambar Jain Acharya Kundakunda spent most of his life at Kundadri composing great Jain spiritual classics. It has an ancient temple with a Manastambha located at an altitude of 3300 feet above sea level in Shimoga district, Karnataka. The temple is Built around the idol of Lord Parshwanath. The idol carved on a rock is an integral part of the rock even to this day. – Sri Kshetra Hombuja
Kundadri (Shivamogga District, Karnataka), January 5, 2017: The ancient Sri Parshwanath Digambar Jain temple located on the sacred Kundadri hillock has been renovated recently. The temple has got a new look post renovation carried on by the Hombuja Jain Mutt under the guidance of His Holiness Jagadguru Swasti Sri Dr. Deevendrakeerthi Bhattarakha Swamiji.
Dhama Samprokshana Programme – The Dhama Samprokshana (a series of rituals being performed for sanctifying the temple post renovation) programme was held at Kundadri in the presence of His Holiness Swamiji on 5th January 2017. Speaking on the occasion Sri Deevendrakeerthiji said, “utmost care has been taken so that the originality & antiquity of the of the temple is not compromised during the renovation process. Further, compound wall has been constructed around the temple to ensure its safety and safety of the devotees visiting the place”. “A meshed enclosure has also been built around the pond to ensure that it is not polluted through unwanted wastes thrown by devotees & tourists visiting the place” he added.
A small mantap kind of enclosure with seating arrangement for around 25 people has also been constructed near the temple for visitors to have a glimpse of the scenic beauty around the temple.
It can be recalled here that by virtue of being located at a higher altitude and lesser human movement this place had turned out as a hub of many anti-social activities. Thanks to the efforts and personal interest taken by His Holiness Deevendrakeerthi Swamiji, Kundadri is getting back on track to its glorious past over the past five years.
About Kundadri & Parshwanath Temple – Kundadri is an ancient Jain Heritage Centre located in the Shivamogga district of Karnataka at an altitude of 3300 feet above sea level and is one of the highest peaks in the state. It is known after the Jaina Acharya Kundakunda who spent most of his life here composing great Jain spiritual classics. The Parshwanath temple at Kundadri is built around an ancient idol Lord Parshwanath carved on a rock. A manastambha with a Chaturmukha idol can be found in front of the temple. Behind the temple the pada (feet impression) of Acharya Kundakunda has been engraved on a rock and a room has been built around this. In addition to its religious importance Kundadri is also a favorite destination for trekkers and nature lovers. An annual fair is held every year at Kundadri on the Makara Sankranti day. – Sri Kshetra Hombuja
Hombuja (Shivamogga District, Karnataka), September 25, 2016 – App for Android and iPhones related to Sri Kshetra Hombuja has been released. The titled as “‘Padmavati Mata Humcha'” is available on Google & Apple play stores.
The App has been developed by Manoj Jain from Kolkata (West Bengal). Manoj Jain is a devotee of Hombuja and has developed this as a service to Kshetra. Mr Manoj has informed that “Regular updates related to Hombuja will be made on the App.
His Holiness Swasti Sri Deevendrakeerthi Bhattarakha Swamiji, pontiff of Sri Kshetra Hombuja has expressed his happiness on the release of the App.
– Sri Kshetra Hombuja
Hombuja (Shimoga District, Karnataka), September 15, 2016: On the occasion of Navarathri & Vijayadashami special poojas and other related religious celebrations have been organised at Hombuja as per tradition under the guidance of His Holiness Swasti Sri Devendrakerthi Bhattarakha Swamiji. Special poojas will be organised on all the days of Navaratri.
The detailed programme schedule is as below:
- 1st October 2016: Ghata Sthapana (beginning of Navarathri)
- 8th October 2016: Saraswathi Pooja
- 9th October 2016: Jeevadayashtami
- 10th October 2016: Ayudha pooja & Mahanavami
- 11th October 2016: Vijayadashami pooja & utsava, pallakki utsava of Goddess Padmavati, Simhasanarohana of His Holiness Swasti Sri Devendrakerthi Bhattarakha Swamiji,Pada pooja His Holiness Swamiji
Special poojas will also be performed at Varanga & Hattiyangadi on the occasion of Navarathri & Vijayadashami. – Sri Kshetra Hombuja